This has been a morning. Between going to see the balloons (you can still go tomorrow morning if you live around here) and trying to get my house in order (why is flushing the toilet so boring for kids? I don’t get it) I almost forgot to post.
Here are some things I’ve been thinking about while scrubbing the floor.
1. I want to go to a soiree. Like the kind in my favorite movie Thoroughly Modern Millie, where people walk around in fancy fringed dressed and talk about politics and fashion and listen to Carol Channing sing. Do people have soirees around here? Where are they? How does one get invited?
2. Why don’t I own a cabin? I wish I owned a cabin and we rented it out for fabulous writing retreats and my kids would play outside and climb trees and there would be cookouts and water fights and deep thoughts and scenes from movies. I hope one day I can own a peaceful cabin-type thing.
3. Poor Tom.
4. I wonder why we don’t have more fourth of July traditions. We used to. I should make some up.
5. I forgot to add a personal writing assignment to my website.
6. Oh. I forgot to blog on TUW.
7. Can I do a marathon next week? I think I can. I’m going to start a new NEW book and I’m going to write 2000 words a day and not second guess myself for just a week. Then I can stop and decide if it’s worth it to keep going.
8. I hope I finish this memoir today. I’ve been reading a lot of memoirs for my upcoming class in the fall. I know I said I was going to read a bunch of YA/MG, and I still plan to but right now I’m on a memoir kick. So far I’ve read PERSEPOLIS, NIGHT, DRESS YOUR FAMILY IN CORDUROY AND JEANS. I’m working on THE LIAR’S CLUB and GRIEF OBSERVED. If anyone wants to join me, I’ll send you my list. I am learning a lot about writing. So much. And if you have any memoirs you’ve loved, let me know.
9. We need to fix up this blog/website. Kick off Chris because we miss him but he’s no longer blogging with us, update the links and add more search friendly options. We also need to do some more market and author interviews. Are there things you’d like to see on this site?
10. I wonder why my boys never flush the toilet.
I think that’s all. I am excited to marathon next week. Tell your writer friends and lets see how many people we can get to join the fun. Maybe we can get some kind of record, send out some prizes for goals, email each other encouragement and chocolate, etc. etc.
I hope you all have a safe fourth of July with no wildfires and lots of hot dogs. Happy Birthday Tom Cruise and America.