My goals for the new year are these:
1. Have another child. A boy. This one is pretty much a sure thing.
2. Finish revising my book that I hope will come out next year.
3. Write a funny book.
4. Finish the funny book I started years ago that I love but can’t seem to wrap my head around.
5. Read twelve books and if I’m really ambitious, twenty four books, this year. That’s two a month for those of you who are not as good as I am at math.
6. Do a writing 5K where every K, you have to stop and write a 100 words. I might do this on my own. Or others could join. I’m still deciding how HUGE I want to make this.
7. Eat mushrooms and enjoy them.
8. Develop a stronger love for poetry.
9. Travel somewhere new with my boys. Even if that new place is LaVerkin, Utah.
10. Develop an online writing bootcamp. Or something like that.
I think that’s all for now. I am curious about everyone else’s goals. I’m also curious how many of you did the advent and how useful it was to you. Which were your favorite exercises? Which topics would you like to explore more? Why do you miss the elf on the top of the blog so much?
And finally, here is one of my favorite short stories for your reading enjoyment. I’ve loved this since my early days in college so please do not read into it. I love my husband very much.