1. Today I tucked my fat into my jeans and I thought to myself, I wonder when I’m going to get my body back and then I started laughing. ah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Has your MC ever tucked their fat into jeans? Why or why not? What do they feel about fat in jeans? How does this relate to their pre-thanksgiving preparations? Do they prepare for Thanksgiving? Help out Mom? Or sit in their room and play Call of Duty?
2. I have to make a bunch of pies for my family thanksgiving dinner and I don’t know how to make pies. I sort of do but I also sort of don’t. I’ve heard that shortening is better than butter. is that true? I’ve also heard that some pecan pies never set. If your MC was going to make a pie, what would he/she make? Mine would go to Village Inn and steal one with her boyfriend. Then they’d eat it on the roof and toss the pie plate at someone walking down the sidewalk.
3. As I was searching for thanksgiving related news to share (Rachael Ray makes thanksgiving chili! You should too!) I read this. It broke my heart. It also would be an interesting premise for a novel. And does it relate to thanksgiving? What do you think you’d be thinking if this happend to you? How would you spend your thanksgiving?
4. Write fifty words on thanksgiving. At least fifty. Then go eat.
5. And finally, I am thankful for all of you. I am thankful for wonderful writing friends who support me and laugh with me and at me and make me feel like maybe this is all worth it. I don’t think I’d be still doing this without all of you. Hug a writing friend this holiday season.