Today is my birthday. My four year old has it all planned out. Me, him, the three year old and the baby are doing the following things (not necessarily in order):
1. Visiting Chuck E. Cheese.*
2. Going bowling.
3. Eating a cake that is purple and looks like something I like, like maybe a raccoon.
4. Eating ice cream.
5. Going to the dinosaur museum.
6. Eating another cake that could be a tiger or a shark.
7. Watching How to Train Your Dragon.
8. Going to Pirate Island (even though it burned down).
9. Going to Provo Beach for more bowling.
10. Buying candy at the candy counter at BYU
11. Eating at a restaurant like old McDonald
12. And anything else I want to do.
You are invited.
I told Cam that all I wanted for my birthday and Christmas was to finish a book. I emailed the request to him and I even wrote that it would make me “shine” inside. After I sent it I thought, why did I write that? Shine inside? So cheesy.
But, it would be nice.
And I might shine.
I also might not shine.
In any case, if I wanted to finish a book today or in the next few days, I’d need to be by myself, in a room for a lot of hours. This would be nice. It would also be not nice. I have the hardest time figuring out how to manage three beautiful loud chuckthingsatme boys, a wonderful husband, a house, parents, exercising, living, and then of course writing. I know some women do it and do it well. Me? Not so much.
*What does the E stand for? Anyone?