1. Kyra is off to FL, waiting still to hear from her agent and an editor who is interested in her novel.
2. The Haven was picked up as a Scholastic book! I just found out yesterday.
3. Cheri and I are off to meet a couple of editors for lunch. Should be fun. And it will be very safe because I’m driving.
From Me Again:
4. Writing Exercise #1–Your character has to get away, fast. Why is she leaving? Is this expected or not? Is someone after her? What is her first reaction to keeping herself safe?
5. Writing Exercise #2–Your character has to tell a significant other (best friend, boyfriend, parent) about something terrible she has done. What is it? Why did she do this? How does she do the telling?
6. Writing Exercise #3– Every day for 21 days take ten minutes–at the same time and the same place–to brainstorm writing ideas. I’m going to start tomorrow. Same time. Same place. Pad and pencil in hand. Train your brain. Let’s see if something good comes of this exercise. End date will be October 9, 2014.
From Cheryl Van Eck: