THINGS I LEARNED:
- Spicy titles do not draw more readers.
- Pancreatitis hurts like a big dog and the pain lingers for days. This is the first morning I haven’t awakened feeling ill. Of course, I have a bill coming.
- Health care woulda been nice.
- Writing is hard.
- Good writing is harder.
- Not all publishing houses are the same.
- There are terrific editors everywhere.
- Writing with a friend is fun. But still hard.
- Growing old has it’s benefits.
- I am not a naturally organized person and therefore when I try to organize it takes me forever.
Kyra and I are giving a presentation in August at the Provo Library (August 22, 2017 at 7 pee em). We’ve written books that are sorta related: Kyra’s novel is REAPER, about a girl who dies and must help three souls pass from life to the other side in order to see her father ho has gone on before her. My book, MESSENGER, is about a teen who’s family (on the matriarchal side) receive Gifts from and for the Dead. Both books are all about family.
All this Dead talk, we should have a party featuring a rollerskating Reaper and Cheri and me singing (Don’t Fear) The Reaper. Oh, wait. That happened at a WIFYR already.
Here are our plans:
Drawings for three people to have their cards read.
Drawings for three creative energy necklaces.
Singing and Dancing. Well, karaoke singing. Songs will include DOA, (Don’t Fear) The Reaper, The Dance and I’m Already There. (Am I the only one excited about this?) (My ex would be super-excited about the country songs.)
Reading and talking and teasing and hopefully a little laughing.
Book signing with books from The King’s English.
AUGUST WRITING CHALLENGE
Rules of engagement announced tomorrow!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
WIFYR 2018 DATES: June 11-15, 2018
check out these songs!